What is the difference between efficiency and effectiveness?
- Both of the
efficiency and effectivenessare used in our daily marketing expressions, many people get confused between both of them, so today you are going to know the real difference between both of them.
The difference between efficiency and effectiveness is simple and easy:
- The Effectiveness: To do the right things.
- Efficiency: To do things right.
Examples of efficiency versus effectiveness:
- When you want to get door for your apartment, the
effectivenessis to select a door of a high quality material and persistent in the same time, but the
efficiencyis how this door works; is it makes a sound while opening?
The effectiveness to select Google as employer and get qualified to join the Google team, the efficiency is how you will perform after joining Google.
- If you are a marketing specialist and
want to write a marketing plan, the effectiveness is to prepare the marketing plan (to do the right things), but the efficiency is how will you implement your marketing plan (to do things right).
- If you are a football Coach, the effectiveness is how you are going to select the best players for this match and to how write the match plan. While the efficiency is how your players will implement your plan.
articles in marketing planning introduction